0
To expand the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps), Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte has promised to give at least a sack of rice to the poorest of the poor if he wins the presidential race this May.

Photo Credits: NewsGara

During a campaign rally in Butuan City on Saturday, Duterte said he will get funds from the Sin Tax and the Philippine Amusement Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) to fund his expanded 4Ps program.

"I will use the money from sin tax and PAGCOR to cover the 4Ps, which I will prioritize under my administration, Believe me, I can really do it," he said.
During his campaign kickoff in Tondo in early February, Duterte previously expressed his plan tosustain the 4Ps if elected president.

“Iyang Pantawid, I will continue it at saka dagdagan. Diyan tama si [President Benigno] Aquino [III],” he added.

The 4Ps is a human development measure of the government that provides conditional cash grantsto poor families for health, nutrition, and education of children. It started as the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) under President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.

Source: GMA Network
Next
This is the most recent post.
Previous
Older Post

Post a Comment

 
Top